The error 0xc0000022 is a runtime error of Windows Operating system. The problem specifically arises due to software compatibility issues. Adobe Reader 0xc0000022 is common among the Adobe Acrobat users on Windows. Following are the situations in which you might have to face the application error 0xc0000022.
- When you try to run Adobe Acrobat Reader;
- At the time of accessing your PDF file by double-clicking it;
- When you try to save an individual PDF file on Adobe;
- At the time of Adobe Acrobat Reader installation
To avoid future issues you must know the reason behind the problem. Here is what causing Application Error 0xc0000022 Adobe Reader on Windows.
- Corrupted System Files
- Software Conflicts
- Improper Setup of the Adobe Acrobat
- Corrupted redistributable file
There can be other reasons as well due to which you might have to face this issue. Go through the article further to get the fixes.
How To Fix Adobe Reader 0xc0000022 Error?
Check The Permission Settings
Whenever you face this error first check the permission settings. To do so, follow the steps given below…
- At first, on your desktop, right-click on the shortcut of your Acrobat Reader
- Then, Click on the Properties option
- If you have not created the shortcut for your Reader, then you can try following some other steps.
- Firstly, right-click on the .exe file for your Reader in the folder where you installed Adobe Reader. If you have not selected any location manually then it is probably at the C drive of your computer where you will find this.
- Now, after the Right-Click select Properties from the given options.
- Then, after opening the properties menu go to the Security tab from there
- Now, Click the option Edit
- After that, Select your account, and check on Full control.
- Finally, Click Apply followed by OK to save the settings.
Now close the Properties window. Then run your Acrobat Reader to see if it works.
Repair your Redistributable 2013
Windows Software Application we use relies on Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable to be installed and get to work properly. Your Adobe Acrobat Reader is not an exception. If there are some errors in the redistributable, you might have to face this Adobe Reader 0xc0000022 error. Repairing Redistributable will definitely solve your problem. Here are the steps you need to follow to repair the redistributable 2013.
- At first, type control in the search box from Start
- Then, click Control Panel from the list of Search Result
- After that, click Programs and Features which you can find in the Large icons section.
- Now, Right-click on Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable and click Change.
- Then, Click Repair.
- Click Yes when asked by User Account Control.
- Now, the repair process will start automatically. Wait for a minute, until the repair process completes
- After that, Click Restart and run Acrobat Reader again to see if it works.
In some cases, only repairing the Redistributable can’t solve the issue. In such situations, you must reinstall it. Go through the given steps to reinstall Redistributable…
- Firstly, press the Windows logo key and type control. This will search the Control Panel for you.
- Now, Click on the Control Panel from the result
- After that, Click Programs and Features in the Large icons section.
- Then Right-click on Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable and Select Uninstall
- After completion of the uninstallation process, Download a new Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013.
- Then, install the downloaded .exe file on your computer.
- Finally, Reboot your Windows and run Acrobat Reader to check if it works.
Are you still facing the problem? Try to fix the system files then.
Fix Windows System Files
You can fix the system files to resolve the Windows 10 file explorer crash. Follow the steps given below to Run SFC Scannow
- Open the Command prompt Press the Windows Key from the Keyboard
- Type cmd and right click on the ‘Command Prompt’
- Now Click on Run as Administrator
- Click Yes
- Then Type SFC /SCANNOW and hit the Enter button
- Now you need to wait a few minutes to complete the process
- Then Restart your PC
This step requires a little knowledge about the Windows System Files. If you don’t feel confident enough to try these on your own, it is highly recommended to try these under experts supervision. Visit Adobe Reader Support Portal and talk to the chat assistants to get help with the problem.
Perform a Disk Check
The Adobe Reader 0xc0000022 error can arise due to disk problems, performing the disk check can solve the problem. You can follow the steps given below to run a disk check on your computer
- Press the Windows Key from your Keyboard
- Then type cmd there
- Now, Right Click on the Command Prompt
- And then Run as administrator
- Now, Click Yes to Continue
- Type chkdsk /f /r, then press Enter on your keyboard
- Press ‘Y’ on your keyboard
Still facing Adobe Reader 0xc0000022? Let the experts help you with the problem.
Get in Touch With Our Adobe Acrobat Support +1-877-760-6133
There are many ways to get in touch with our Acrobat Customer Support Executives. Our round the clock support via multiple channels is what that made things easier for you. Our experts 24/7 online at our Adobe Live Chat Support portal. Here is how you can get in touch with us…
Call Adobe Acrobat Support: You can call at our toll-free number + 1-877-760-6133 and talk to our experts about the problem.
Adobe Reader Live Chat Support: Visit our Adobe Reader Chat Support portal and talk to our chat assistants anytime.
Adobe Email Support: Drop a mail at our Adobe Reader Support email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org We will get back to you in no time.