Skype offers excellent features of instant messaging, video calling, etc. its easy user-interface makes it quite a popular app for communicating with people in any part of the world. But, it isn’t free from errors. For instance, the Skype Disc i/o error.
Sometimes your Skype may get an error due to disc input-output. This error will not let you make the most out of this app. Thus, the sooner you get rid of the problem, the better it is for you. Moreover, it is a common problem that every Skype users face at least once.
Taking expert help will be a smart idea for this problem. We have the industry’s best technicians who will resolve your issue quickly.
You can solve Skype disc i/o problem on your own, through the solutions mentioned here. Just go through the methods and see if these can help you out or not.
One of the common reason for Skype disc i/o error to occur is when your Skype is outdated. Check whether your Skype is of the latest version or not.
Another possible reason is if your drivers are not up to date. So make sure that your drivers are updated.
Also if your hard disc is damaged, then it might be the reason behind Skype Disc i/o error. Check your disc and replace it if it is damaged.
Loose USB can also be a problem. Check the USB Cord and attach it correctly.
These are the most common causes for this error to come up. Get in touch with our experts to detect the exact reason for this error to occur. Given below are some effective solutions for the Skype i/o error.
The first method you should perform is to upgrade your Skype version to its latest version. Sometimes it is the primary reason for Skype related issues. This step can resolve this issue. If not, then try out the other method.
The next method you should do is delete your user folder and recreate it again.
1. First of all, close your Skype. If you see the Skype in the background, right click on it and close it. If you don’t see the Skype on the background and it is open, then right click in the taskbar. Find the Skype option and tap on it and then press on End Task.
2. Now tap on the Windows button and R button at the same time on your keyboard. The Run dialog box appears. Enter %appdata%\skype in the dialog box and then tap OK. Then the Explorer Window will open. Search for the folder with the exact name of your Skype name.
3. Delete this folder now. Before deleting it, make sure you have a backup of your chat data. If you want to save your data, Open that folder and copy the files to another location. Now delete the folder.
4. Restart your Skype and sign in again. The folder which you deleted can be recreated if you want.
5. After doing the above steps if your problem persists, then maybe your temporary files are located to some outside location and missing some important permission.
These methods can resolve your issue. If you find any problem, then contact us.
We have the best-trained technicians who are working 24*7. You can call us on our toll-free number [+ 1-877-760-6133].
You can also write your query in a mail and send that to our mail id: email@example.com. Our technicians will reply to you in a short time.
We also provide for Live Chat Support option. You can visit our website and use the live chat option as well. Our solutions are quick, precise and easy. Connect with us for the most reliable Skype Support in an instant.